WELCOME to my TEACHING PORTFOLIO...

This resource is designed to document my teaching and professional development from now on and throughout my career soon. The primary goal I would like to achieve in maintaining this portfolio is to generate continuous reflection on the evolution of my thoughts on teaching and learning. So, from now, I'll upload assignments,assessments and experience that i can share with all of you. Hopefully it will benefit all of us.

SO enjoy yourself...and you are WELCOME to leave any comments and opinions here.

Sunday 25 December 2011

Its more MEANINGFUL with PBL

For me, as a student who had experienced the activity of PBL during my 1st semester, I felt my learning process is more meaningful. I can see this PBL activity makes most of us become more engaged in learning. This might due to the problem given is something that closes to our real life. Thus, we as a student find it more enjoyable.  It is not just we can get a new information and knowledge but at the same time it makes us realized about the current situation and motivate us indirectly so that we can be a better person living in a better environment.

Apart from that, I would like to say that PBL activity is a good approach of learning process because it is a student-centered approach. In this PBL activity I personally have become an active learner in which I learn how to solve problem, make a decision as well as being able to investigate the causes of an issue. While writing this reflection, I remember one of my lecturer have said this “You are not school students anymore. You are now in university so you have to learn by yourself and change the way of your study”. Even it was hard initially to search, analyze and then choosing the suitable information but when I completing the activity I realize that I had learned so many things on my way of finding the answer.  It was more meaningful when we did the task from A to Z rather than our teacher or lecturer just spoon fed us with the answers. I can feel the satisfaction of learning throughout this learning method, everytime when I came to last of the stage of PBL activity. I’m sure to try it out to my future students. 


No comments:

Post a Comment