WELCOME to my TEACHING PORTFOLIO...

This resource is designed to document my teaching and professional development from now on and throughout my career soon. The primary goal I would like to achieve in maintaining this portfolio is to generate continuous reflection on the evolution of my thoughts on teaching and learning. So, from now, I'll upload assignments,assessments and experience that i can share with all of you. Hopefully it will benefit all of us.

SO enjoy yourself...and you are WELCOME to leave any comments and opinions here.

Saturday 24 December 2011

SIMULATION and MODELLING. They are the same. That was what I think before but they are actually not. From my understanding a simulation is a computer model that mimics the operation of a real or proposed system. for example, advanced computer programs can simulate weather conditions, chemical reactions, atomic reactions or even biological processes. In teaching and learning fields, simulators can be used as an effective means for teaching or demonstrating concepts to students. This is because, based on my own experience a simulation can helps students to see complex relationships or process that would otherwise involve expensive equipment or dangerous experiments.

In the meantime, modeling is the process of producing a model in which a model is a representation of the construction and working of a system. A model is similar to but simpler than the system it represents. From my experience, one purpose of a model is to enable the analysis to predict the effect of changes to the system. For me, both simulation and modeling are not much different as both tend to make something complex become simple and invisible become visible. Here is just my opinion about simulation and modeling as I still unclear about these two terms. Hopefully, someone can make it clearer for me. 




Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment